This self-guided independent cycling adventure features a carefully crafted and easy to follow route through Taroko Gorge to the verdant East Rift Valley and on to the dazzling East Coast.
With our audio guide, suggestions for must-see stops and best eateries, and a few helpful words in the local language, you’ll seek out your own adventure, stop at places you otherwise wouldn’t find, and make connections with the local people.
After a train transfer from Taipei, the riding begins in Taroko, the world’s deepest marble gorge, and then snakes its way south, with sections on the rugged Pacific Coastline, and on quiet country roads through the idyllic East Rift Valley, a lush landscape of rice paddies, tropical fruit orchards, indigenous villages, and hot springs! You'll emerge from the valley at the southern end of your unforgettable adventure for a final cruise along the coast, before rolling into the laidback surf village of Taitung.
Pedal assist E-bikes are an available option on this tour for $175
- Walk along Swallow Grotto in the dramatic Taroko Gorge before heading to your luxurious accommodation nestled within it.
- Pedal through the bright green rice paddies and small indigenous communities of the East Rift Valley.
- Park your bike to explore the rocky volcano-formed Sanxiantai Islet.
- Paddle a SUP on the emerald green waters of Donghe River Gorge
- Our Self-guided App with audio guide, stop suggestions, food recommendations and more
- GPS bike computer with user friendly navigation
- Included meals: Breakfast x5, Lunch x1, Dinner x1
- Onboarding session with guide
- Phone and emergency support
Ride free & at your own pace along our perfect Taiwan self-guided route which takes in some of the island’s most impressive scenery on quiet, easy to follow roads along the East Coast and East Rift Valley. The ride begins in magnificent Taroko, the world’s deepest marble gorge, and ends in Taitung.
WHAT MAKES US STAND OUT
This self-guided cycling adventure allows you to discover the natural wonders of Taiwan at your own pace and with your own choice of stops, meals, and activities while incorporating our knowledge of the must-see destinations as well as the hidden gems. We’ve taken care of the details, specially crafting an easy-to-follow and beautiful route in this cycling-friendly country as well as taking care of your accommodations and luggage transfer. Take our expertise and pursue your own adventure as you explore the rugged Pacific coast of Taiwan by bike!