This is an active adventure where the bike riding is enjoyable and achievable, where there is variety and flexibility in the hikes and where the kayaking is all about discovery and natural beauty.
We crafted this trip to showcase an area that goes beyond the coastal highlights. We found the most enjoyable part of the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail. We sought out the stories about the cultural and natural significance of the Bunya Mountains. We connected with welcoming hosts in the beautiful Mary Valley and we were thrilled to discover the Noosa Biosphere project on the doorstep of one of Australia's favorite beach destinations.
In a seamlessly planned week, you will experience all of this while enjoying the company of a group of like-minded people under the leadership of our trip leaders who have taken it upon themselves to acquire and synthesize the knowledge on this region and who will introduce you to inspiring speakers the topics of quality produce farming and also on the fascinating Noosa Biosphere project.
This is one of those trips away that feels a lot longer than its actual duration of 7 days and the memories from which are sure to remain with you for a long time to come.
197 km / 123 mi riding - Around 60% of the riding is on rail trails and thoroughfares that are not shared with cars. The remaining 40% of the riding takes place on quiet country roads where passing cars are only an occasional event. The surfaces are varied, with two days being mostly on firm gravel trails with relatively even surfaces, some riding on well made, paved surfaces and then sections on dirt roads and trails. The riding distances are achievable. The riding is at times hilly, but pedal-assist e-bikes available at a very reasonable surcharge are recommended for anyone who finds hilly riding challenging.
A special thanks to Visit Noosa (@visitnoosa), @harrisoncandlin, Kanu Kapers, Amamoor Lodge, The Linville, Habitat Noosa and Southern Queensland Country for sharing some of the above images.
Bike two days of the rustic landscape of the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail, spending a night in a classic country pub in a town that is barely a dot on the map.
Hike the incredibly diverse trails of the Bunya Mountains where the tree of the same name seeds every 3 years and was cause for a major gathering of indigenous groups from far and wide.
Seek out the elusive platypus while paddling through the Mary Valley in a kayak and explore the slow food concept in Amamoor.
Ride sections of the Noosa Trail through the hinterland leading down to Lake Cootharaba, stopping off at a winery and sampling more local food.
Kayak the pristine waters of the Noosa Everglades and learn about the flora and fauna of one of only two everglades systems on earth.
Enjoy informative talks from a leading expert on the Noosa Biosphere project and learn about what the plans for the future mean for this incredible natural asset.
- 5 nights comfortable ensuite lodging, 1 night in an iconic country pub
- 6 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 5 dinners
- Healthy snacks, fruit & water during activities
- 2 local Guides
- Expert talks by guest speakers
- Bikes & kayaks with safety equipment
- User friendly, Wahoo GPS during rides, for extra navigational support
- Comfortable van for transfers and support
BOOK & PAY IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS
On Australian tours we now offer the option to book and pay in AUD
Please book and pay here to complete the transaction in Australian Dollars.
To book and pay in USD please proceed to the Dates & Prices section below this form.
BOOK & PAY IN US DOLLARS ↓
Dates & Price
WHAT MAKES US STAND OUT
Your tour is not just about ticking the highlights, its about having an unforgettable travel experience. On our active-escapes in Australia, you'll enjoy a stimulating variety of activities, getting off the worn tourist routes and into nature, while also meeting local experts and learning along the way. Your experience will leave you feeling rejuvenated, refreshed, and genuinely connected to the people and place.